We’ve added quite a few features and fixes in this release. Here’s a sample.
New Onboarding Wizard
Vircadia’s tutorial now has a wizard that lets you configure your graphics settings and display name when you first start. This will help improve the overall experience when users come to Vircadia for the first time.
- Transparency on shape entities now works correctly.
- Gizmo, Image, and Text entities now support material entities on them!
- Vertex colors on glTF models are now corrected and accurate.
Better Domain Moderation
- Banning users now works more effectively to prevent them from coming back right away. Also, there’s a new button in the “People” app that allows you to ban a user by IP address as well.
- The messaging mixer now has the ability to limit the amount of messages each user/node can send per second.
- You can now allow or restrict users’ ability to use avatar entities on your domain.
- The Domain Server outputs web panel access events to the log in order to help you keep track of things people do with your Domain’s settings.
There have been many changes and improvements in the ecosystem.
You can view the full release notes here.
Thanks to this month’s contributors!
Join the Open Source Metaverse Revolution
Vircadia is an open source metaverse platform. It is a cross-platform ecosystem, with support for Web natively for end-users and all other platforms (e.g. Windows, macOS, Linux) for developers through SDKs.
We need documentation writers! The platform is constantly evolving and has plenty of documentation to help new users and veteran develoeprs alike take full advantage of it. Even the small things make a huge impact.
If you are multilingual, our international users could use your help!
If you simply want to help out on small things such as typos, errors, short guides, etc. your help and participation is appreciated!
We need developers! Vircadia has many components, you can contribute to any of the following:
- Web Interface
- Interface created with Vue & Quasar
- HTML + TypeScript
- Engine utilizes Babylon.JS
- Metaverse Server
- Web SDK
- Unity SDK